Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Curry Dip and the Coriando/Cilantro Quandry...

Curry Dip

In a blender:

Curry powder

Nutritional Yeast
Onions
Coriander/Cilantro
Cumin


3/4 of a package of firm Tofu

1 Tablespoon Soy Milk

Another living in residence miracle as I make a vegan curry dip! I used a very small and simple blender to mix all of the ingredients - it has some kick and is now chilling in a jar in the fridge! I used an independant company's curry mix but I would normally just use curry powder itself and add all everything else in such as onions, cumin and any other spices to taste such as coriander/cilantro. Actually my friend Jessie and I stumbled into the fact that those two spices are actually the same but just referred to as either depending on the region! Definetely one of my favourite spices. Ever had coriander naan bread? WOW - but I digress. Check out this easy dip that is vegan and extremely tasty. I am serving it with pesticide free mini field cucumbers that I bought at the Farmer's Market in downtown Kingston. It makes an appearance 3 times a week until Thanksgiving and I have been enjying it alot!

1 comment:

  1. no, i totally didn't! but good to know.
    i had also never hear of vaganaise, but i'm off to check it out right now. :)

    ReplyDelete