Sweet Potato Fries & Spicy Dipping Sauce
1) Peel and slice yams or sweet potatoes. Put some muscle into it and use a good knife - be careful they can be a bit challenging to handle at times! Cut into desired length and width (pretty much the same size as a large french fry)
2) In a mixing bowl, add 1-2 Tablespoons of extra virgin sesame oil, 1 Teaspoon of Chili Powder and 1 Teaspoon of Cumin to the cut potatoes, distribute evenly over the batch and sprinkle with pepper
3) Spread out on cookie sheet and bake for half an hour at 425 degrees in the oven. I find it impossible to make them really crispy so be prepared for them to be on the soft side - this is how they are supposed to turn out when you make them yourself. So in my experience, if you want them to be crunchy then go to a restaurant where they have a deep fryer!!!
4) While these are cooking you can prepare the dipping sauce. The first ingredient is VEGANAISE: Put 1/2 cup of soy milk in a blender with 1/2 cup of canola oil. Add 1 Tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar, 1/2 Teaspoon of Dry Mustard Powder, 1 Teaspoon of salt1 small clove of finely minced garlic, freshly ground black pepper. I put in some chives too because I tend to put them in everything! Start with these ingredients and then add plain firm tofu until consistency is as thick as desired. BLEND AWAY
5) Combine veganaise with 3/4 of a fresh squeezed lemon juice, 1 pressed garlic clove, 1 Teaspoon of Paprika and 1 Teaspoon of Chili Powder. Serve on the side of fries.