Thursday, April 23, 2009

EARTH DAY

Hope that everyone's earth day was productive! I rode my bike (in the wind!?) instead of driving my car to a coffee date. I noticed alot of garbage in the ditches and want to get out there with my friends this summer and bring some garbage bags. I hope no one drank water out of a bottle yesterday especially!


BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD


-mahatma gandhi


Later on I tye-dyed some tshirts green with friends. The weather was "sunny-rain" as my friend Craig informed me is often the case in Vancouver. However around here it is a rare occasion! We were greeted with a lovely rainbow - possibly the biggest one we've ever seen. It was a cosmic earth day, nature was encouraging/awarding our eco consciousness with it's beauty.

How to Tye-Dye T-Shirts

-select a clear white tshirt, preferably mostly cotton

-put elastics all over it! Search the internet for specific patterns if you want one

-fill buckets or medium-large sized containers with hottest water available (fill as many seperate up as colours you have)

-empty each fabric dye powder package into each container and stir

-get your gloves on! this stuff stains

-place the tshirt in the colour you prefer or hold the portions you want dyed in each specific colour - get creative, even leave a bit white..

-the longer the tshirt stays in the colouring the darker it will be and remember that the dye on the tshirt actually looks darker when wet

-let the tshirts drip dry for a bit and then rinse them

-afterwards take off the elastics and hang to dry, washing by hand or on gentle cycle with other items that any excess dye has no danger of bleeding onto

Last Step: ENJOY YOUR TYE-DYE TSHIRT!

No comments:

Post a Comment