Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Power Pancakes

Thought I would share my pancake recipe - I made these this morning before an exam and they have me a stomach full of healthy yumminess! My mom called them my veg super pancakes and that really is exactly what they are. However they are not vegan so replace with a substitute at your discretion. I've heard bananas used as a replacement for this kind of thing and I have those in there anyways so it is possible to skip the egg content altogether. I had already sized down to one egg from the two that was called for on the recipe box. They turned out great! Hope you try the recipe and enjoy them as much as my friend and I did.

Power Pancakes

2 cups pancake mix
1 cup rice milk
1 egg (free run)
1/4 of a mango, sliced into thin strips of lovely mango mush
1 scoop of vanilla soy protien powder (a raw food tisc tisc)
1/2 tsp of matcha

5 comments:

  1. Just to let you know, eggs don't affect pancakes at all. I like eggs, but one day I really wanted to make pancakes, and had no eggs... so I made them without... they tasted the exact same, lol! I love pancakes, and these sound good... mangos are awesome. I want to find the recipe for these whole grain pancakes that we made in my Grade 10 Food & Nutrition class -- they were delicious, but these actually sound even better. I'll have to try this out sometime when I get the ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome to know! that is what I thought too but I didnt want to ruin them - next time I will definetely not use eggs! hope you get to try it and enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, but now I am not so sure because I rememeber hearing something about crepes? I thought you could make crepes like pancakes without eggs? I love crepes... maybe I did something wrong, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so not what your mom called them! LOL They were yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol oh craig you know Im the eternal optimist! CHECK OUT THIS LINK
    http://www.energiseforlife.com/wordpress/2404/alkaline-water
    find out how crucial pounding water is!

    ReplyDelete